Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cessna 208B Grand Caravan missing in Baja California Sur
I wonder why it was flying the wrong way?
(10-17-2013, 09:11 AM)elektra Wrote: I wonder why it was flying the wrong way?

The pilot was heading for a pass just north of where he crashed, then he was going to turn south and go to Ciudad Constitución. He was scud running and lost the bet. What he did was totally illegal, even under Mexican flight rules.

Now watch the Mexican news media as they gloss this all over. They will talk about mechanical failures, bad weather, acts of God, etc. They will say the pilot was a hero and just chalk it all up to fate.
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Local news report on the accident.

I forgot even down there the weather stinks from time to time.
Maybe he should have just flown above the road? It's not the most direct route but maybe safer?
Mexican pilots are macho men. They do what they want , sometimes without thinking things through.
(10-16-2013, 10:55 PM)Woooosh Wrote: almost made it.

Another reason everyone likes Whoooosh, he is a "glass is half full" guy.

:0
We have met the enemy and he is us. -  Pogo
(10-17-2013, 02:41 PM)oddjob Wrote:
(10-16-2013, 10:55 PM)Woooosh Wrote: almost made it.

Another reason everyone likes Whoooosh, he is a "glass is half full" guy.

:0
Yah, like that's been helpful, huh? Optimism has made me stick around too long- waiting for a waiter to refill the glass. The service sucks in this joint. Undecided
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
He pulled a Doug Bowels. Or as I like to say, he had a Doug Bowels movement.

I met Doug at Alfonsina's years ago and I would always go over and say hi to he and his wife whenever we were both there. I really liked both of them.
A good friend of mine was at Gonzaga the same weekend that Doug crashed his plane, and he started heading home is his 172. He hit some nasty winds heading over towards La Rumarosa after gassing up in San Felipe and he told me his plane was barely moving. He had only been flying for about 3 years and he managed to turn his plane around and land back at San Felipe, where he left his plane and hired a ride to Mexicali.
After his close call, he paid someone to bring his plane back to Gillespie Field and immediately cheap sold it.
"If you have time to spare, go by air."