Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rosarito lifeguard shot to death while on beach patrol
[Image: 729797-N.JPG]

ROSARITO, Baja California(PH) - La amenaza se cumplió, el salvavidas de Rosarito Mar Tejeda de 34 años fue muerto a balazos la mañana de hoy mientras realizaba su recorrido en la playa.

De acuerdo con informes de la policía municipal, el hoy occiso caminaba sobre la arena de la playa, cerca del parque Abelardo L. Rodríguez cuando recibió los disparos.

Las primeras investigaciones refieren que el salvavidas habría tenido una riña con una persona que practica surf el día de ayer y producto de ese desaguisado recibió amenazas de muerte, que este día se cumplieron.

Mar Tejeda recibió tres balazos y fue auxiliado por paramédicos de la Cruz Roja pero perdió la vida al llegar al hospital.

Hasta el momento no hay detenidos por el asesinato cometido.

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLinea/...uerte.html

ROSARITO, Baja California - The death threat was carried out, Rosarito lifeguard Mar Tejeda, 34 years old, was killed by gunfire this morning while he was on beach patrol.

According to the reports from the Municipal police, the deceased was walking on the sand at the beach, near Abelardo L. Rodríguez park, when he was shot.

The first investigations indicate that the lifeguard had a fight with another person who was surfing yesterday, and the result of that dust-up, he received death threats which were carried out today.

Mar Tejeda received three bullet wounds and was aided by Red Cross paramedics, but he died upon arrival at the hospital.

As of the moment, no one has been arrested of for the murder.

[Fulano's comment: The location of the incident is about 1,000 feet north of the Rosarito Beach Hotel, right in the center of the tourist area.]
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Surfer-assassins? Seriously? There are some jet-ski surfers who the guards may take issue with on their beach launchings- but they are mostly American. I've never seen a guard walking on patrol by me- but that main tourist beach may be different. They usually ride quads or in trucks. This isn't good. On the bright side it's the Rosarito Mariachi Festival this weekend at the RBH.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
Another story on the killing:

Rosarito.- Tras una riña el día de ayer con un surfero de apodo “El Acapulco” el Salvavidas y bombero Mar Tejeda Sánchez, de 37 años de edad fue baleado esta mañana, al filo de las 09:00 horas en la playa del estacionamiento del DIF. mientras realizaba su trabajo hacía un recorrido de rutina.

Mar fue un joven Salvavidas qué nació y creció en Rosarito, frente al mar haciendo lo que le gustaba salvar vidas con su espíritu de servicio.

La gente de la playa revelo qué el presunto asesino, conocido por su alias “Acapulco” es una persona pendenciero, prepotente y ordinario qué la discusión ni merecía la pena, fue un incidente sin llegar a mayores el día de ayer.

Hoy que se encontraron por la mañana, Mar fue llamado por el Acapulco poniéndose bravucón luego se espantó y le disparó impactándole al menos dos veces sin precisar con qué calibre fue impactado.
Tejeda Sánchez, fue trasladado hasta el Hospital General donde falleció momentos después. Mientras el agresor se dio a la fuga, sin que hasta el momento haya sido localizado

http://www.rosaritoenlanoticia.info/

Rosarito.- After a fight yesterday with a surfer with the nickname "El Acapulco," lifeguard and fireman Mar Tejeda Sánchez, 37 years old, was shot this morning at 9AM at the beach at the DIF parking lot while he was on a routine patrol.

Mar was a young lifeguard who was born and raised in Rosarito, beside the ocean, and doing what he liked, which was saving lives with his spirit of service.

The people at the beach said that the presumed murderer, known by his alias "Acapulco," is a quarrelsome person, arrogant and commonplace who is not worth arguing with, and yesterday the incident that did not escalate.

This morning he found Mar, and Mar was called out by Acapulco, bullying him, then he startled him and shot him at least twice without any report on the caliber of the weapon he was shot with.

Tejeda Sánchez, was taken to the General Hospital where he died moments later. Meanwhile the attacker fled, and has not been found as of the moment.
(10-05-2013, 09:15 PM)Fulano Wrote: The people at the beach said that the presumed murderer, known by his alias "Acapulco," is a quarrelsome person, arrogant and commonplace who is not worth arguing with, and yesterday the incident that did not escalate.

This morning he found Mar, and Mar was called out by Acapulco, bullying him....

Sounds like an arrogant, little tranny screwing putz over at BN who bases success on the greenness of a person's lawn, the size of their property bill tax bill, and the number of posts they make. Rolleyes

It certainly would not surprise me to one day read about a certain individual from Temple City going postal.
Vivo Aztland!

My posts often contain so called satire and parody with supposedly nuggets of truth thrown in; any alleged resemblance to persons living or dead is suppose to be coincidental.
(10-06-2013, 09:59 AM)Jihad Joe Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 09:15 PM)Fulano Wrote: The people at the beach said that the presumed murderer, known by his alias "Acapulco," is a quarrelsome person, arrogant and commonplace who is not worth arguing with, and yesterday the incident that did not escalate.

This morning he found Mar, and Mar was called out by Acapulco, bullying him....

Sounds like an arrogant, little tranny screwing putz over at BN who bases success on the greenness of a person's lawn, the size of their property bill tax bill, and the number of posts they make. Rolleyes

It certainly would not surprise me to one day read about a certain individual from Temple City going postal.

I CAN ONLY HOPE AND DREAM JAY SALMAN FROM TEMPLE CITY CALIFORNIA GOES POSTAL AT MY HOUSE. PLEASE GOD MAKE THAT HAPPEN!
Elinvestig8r says that on June 8, 2013, Jay Salman who posts on Baja Nomad Off-Topic as JoeJustJoe was too frightened to open his front door after inviting me for coffee. On 1/5/2016, Jihad answered my two questions for legal purposes. Are you inviting me to come over to your house for coffee? And, are you saying I can turn the doorknob of your front door and just walk into your house without knocking first? After he said I could, I went over in the pouring rain and he was again too scared to unlock the door. Needless to say I did not get to have my cup of coffee. 
THEY CAUGHT HIM

TIJUANA 6 DE OCTUBRE DE 2013 (AFN).- El “surfista” culpable, según testigos, de asesinar al salvavidas Mar Tejeda Sánchez de 34 años el pasado viernes en una playa de Rosarito, fue detenido ayer por agentes de la Policía Ministerial, y será presentado ante las autoridades por la muerte del hombre, provocada por tres disparos.

http://www.afntijuana.info/seguridad/217...s#ver_nota

TIJUANA, October 6, 2013 - The guilty surfer, according to witnesses, of murdering lifeguard Mar Tejeda Sánchez, 34, last Friday at a Rosarito beach, was arrested yesterday by ministerial police, and will be brought before authorities for the death of the man, which was caused by three gunshots.

[Image: 730548-med.JPG]
Josué Pacheco Campos
http://stacytaylor.com/category/mar-tejada/

Quote:Mar Gruesa (Heavy Sea)

I was washing the morning dishes last Friday when I heard gunshots from the beach below my balcony. Fireworks are blasted around here, as they are throughout Mexico, morning, noon, and night. But these were not the concussive booms I’ve grown accustomed to, but instead the “pop, pop, pop” you hear about in witness accounts of shootings. By the time I reached my deck, a small crowd had gathered near a lifeguard tower at the tide line. A red haired woman appeared to be cradling the head of a man who was lying in the sand.

Within a couple of minutes, a lifeguard truck appeared at the scene and sirens could be heard from the Bomberos station two blocks up the street. After about five agonizing minutes, an ambulance finally arrived at the locked gate to the parking lot that fronts the beach. The woman in the sand below was now bellowing hysterically for help. Unable to get past the gate, the ambulance waited outside the parking lot while lifeguards lifted the body onto the bed of their pickup and hauled him close enough to the ambulance where he could then be safely transferred. Unfortunately by now, two police cars blocked the ambulance’s retreat. Rosarito cops were wandering around listlessly, seemingly in no hurry to move their cars. The red-headed woman was beseeching the police to hurry up and get the fuck out of the way. Another couple of minutes passed before the ambulance was finally allowed to speed away. As more police officers arrived, I could hear the woman below screaming “Why didn’t you do more? What is wrong with you?!” At first she was ignored, but as she became increasingly agitated and confrontational the cops had had enough. She was then physically restrained, handcuffed, and hauled away. Out by the waterline, a small pool of blood was soaking into the sand.

The victim of the shooting was named Mar Tejeda, a local lifeguard/fireman and surfer. He lived next door to my building in a small house adjacent to the beach. Mar Tejeda died that morning from gunshot wounds, shortly after arriving at a local hospital. I did not know him, but he and I would occasionally exchange pleasantries in one of my many walks around the neighborhood.

The red haired woman’s name is Gretchen Smith. A few days later she posted her account of what happened on her Facebook page:

I now know what it feels like to hold a man while he is dying from gunshot wounds while the police just don’t quite make it to the crime scene in time to save him. I also know what it is like to spend 76 hours wearing clothes soaked with his blood and no shoes in a Mexican jail without the right of a phone call to anyone including my embassy or even water for over 36 hours. I also know what it is like to hear my friends and neighbors come to my defense in a very kind way even though I could barely hear them and could not see them. Thank you. I am home safe now but need to go wash the blood off of me. I am so sorry to the family of the Bombadier whose name I do not even know. Please know myself and others tried to save him and he fought hard to stay alive for you. If someone has the story of his passing please share it here in his honor.

After watching that scene unfold from my 10th floor ivory tower, I wandered down to street level to see what I could find out. Alberto, the day watch security guard in my building had just been questioned by the police. He and I are friends, but on this day he wasn’t sharing anything with me. A dozen police cars were canvassing the neighborhood. My friend Ismael, who had just opened a small taco cart on the next corner, was out washing down his sidewalk with a bucket of soap water and a scrub brush. A few minutes before, I had watched as a motorcycle cop stopped to question him. Ismael told me that he had seen a man running up the street from the beach. He assumed it was the shooter. Ismael then got uncharacteristically tight-lipped, but added that in his experience it was simply best to get things like this behind you, like a soccer loss or a flat tire. He continued swabbing down his sidewalk and I eventually wandered off.

Over the next couple of days, I bumped into several gringo neighbors from my building, and we would speculate what might have happened. The original theory was that the murder was the result of a surfing territorial dispute the day before the shooting that resulted in a beat down, the beaten man vowing to return with a gun. Later, a theory emerged from my Mexican friends that the original dispute involved disrespect shown to Mar Tejeda’s wife.

Much has been made of Mexican’s attitude toward death. The bizarre rituals during the annual Day of the Dead ceremonies, where loved ones bring the deceased’s favorite foods and personal items to the cemetery seem from the outside like a joyous, not somber, celebration. Mexicans are said to show bravado when confronting death, to except its inevitability more readily then their northern neighbors, to laugh in the face of death. Shops all over Mexico specialize in hand crafted figurines of skeletal figures, the riotous and hilarious calaveras, posed in everyday situations, dead wedding parties, dead mariachi bands, dead dogs being walked by dead masters. I even saw a collection once that depicted a dead baby being delivered from a dead mother by a dead doctor.

As the Nobel prize-winning Mexican writer Octavio Paz explained in his seminal work Labyrinth of Solitude:

“The Mexican … is familiar with death, jokes about it, caresses it, sleeps with it, celebrates it. True, there is as much fear in his attitude as in that of others, but at least death is not hidden away: he looks at it face to face, with impatience, disdain or irony.”

I’m not in a position to say that any or all of that is true and maybe it’s just another cultural stereotype, a fancier way of saying “life is cheap”. But I do know that as the week ground on, Mar Tejeda seemed more like an abstraction, a conversation starter, and less like a local kid who was gunned down on the beach within a hundred yards of his home. People laughed and joked as they discussed the latest theories. One gringa I know told me, her eyes widening, an excited smile on her face, that she had seen the whole thing from her 7th floor balcony. Tejeda’s was actually the fourth murder in Rosarito Beach over a 3 day period. Maybe folks down here just get used to it after a while.

The evening of the murder a shrine was set up on the beach near where Mar Tejeda had lain bleeding to death. It started as a handful of lillies then grew over the next several days as more and more people somberly made their way through the sand and added to it. I decided to walk down and take a photo of the shrine. Fittingly, a storm had moved in during the night and the sky was gray and the sea was heavy, nearly as heavy as my thoughts. Then on Saturday, the day after the murder, a group of fellow lifeguards and firemen took to the water for a final tribute. The following day, the Tijuana newspaper La Frontera announced that the alleged shooter was being detained by the police up in Tijuana. Josue Pacheco Campos, the suspect, was described as a “quarrelsome” man.

Mar Tejeda, named for the sea where he worked, lived, and played, was 34. He leaves a wife and a 7-year-old son. May his spirit take to the waves and play among the dolphins.
That account seems to be the true one. Same as Albertos. I can understand the American red-headed girl being upset by the lack of urgency shown by the police and ambulance. They restrained and then jailed her for three days without access to the US Consulate? Really? You'd think the Rosarito police and bomberos would have treated the shooting of one of their own with swift action- not blocking the ambulances exit path and then arguing with her about it.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
This is Part 2 of a 4 part video by Gretchen Smith, the woman who was arrested and held incommunicado for three days by the Rosarito Municipal police. Gretchen witnessed the shooting of lifeguard Mar Tejeda, and she tells of her whole ordeal. Links to Parts 1, 3 and 4 are below.

When she talks about the death of the "bombardier," she means "bombero," which is Spanish for "fireman" as the lifeguards are a part of the fire department.

Part 1

Part 3

Part 4

[Fulano's comment: Failure to notify the United States Consulate when an American held by Mexico demands such notice is a violation of Article 36 of the Vienna Convention on Consular Relations.

Article 36 Communication and Contact with Nationals of the Sending State
(1) With a view to facilitating the exercise of consular functions relating to nationals of the sending State:
a. consular officers shall be free to communicate with nationals of the sending State and to have access to them. Nationals of the sending State shall have the same freedom with respect to communication with and access to consular officers of the sending State;
b. if he so requests, the competent authorities of the receiving State shall, without delay, inform the consular post of the sending State if, within its consular district, a national of that State is arrested or committed to prison or to custody pending trial or is detained in any other manner. Any communication addressed to the consular post by the person arrested, in prison, custody or detention shall also be forwarded by the said authorities without delay. The said authorities shall inform the person concerned without delay of his rights under this sub-paragraph;
c. consular officers shall have the right to visit a national of the sending State who is in prison, custody or detention, to converse and correspond with him and to arrange for his legal representation. They shall also have the right to visit any national of the sending State who is in prison, custody or detention in their district in pursuance of a judgment. Nevertheless, consular officers shall refrain from taking action on behalf of a national who is in prison, custody or detention if he expressly opposes such action.
(2) The rights referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be exercised in conformity with the laws and regulations of the receiving State, subject to the proviso, however, that the said laws and regulations must enable full effect to be given to the purposes for which the rights accorded under this Article are intended.

Remember the reality in Mexico is far different from the perceptions those in the business of marketing Mexico try to portray.
Dennis has an epiphany:

[Image: 2ry2b0x.png]