Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discrimination against Mexicans -- at Alfonsina's
[Fulano's translation follows below]
Discriminan a mexicanos ¡En Ensenada!

TIJUANA BC 12 DE SEPTIEMBRE DE 2011 (AFN).- Carlos Valdez Ramos, turista tijuanense, denunció que fue víctima de una actitud de discriminación por parte del gerente de un hotel denominado "Alfonsina´s", ubicado en la bahía de San Luis Gonzaga en el municipio de Ensenada, cuando fue junto con su familia al lugar para pasar el fin de semana.

Conforme a la versión de Valdez Ramos, el pasado 3 de septiembre se dirigió en compañía de otras 16 personas, familiares y amigos, al espacio recreativo para pasar un fin de semana; al llegar al lugar se dirigió con el gerente para solicitar la renta de algunas habitaciones, a lo que el empleado respondió: "¿Todos son mexicanos?".

"Necesito saber si son mexicanos porque tiran mucha agua, no consumen en el restaurante y dejan mucho cochinero” le dijo el encargado del negocio, en un todo que el paseante calificó como "déspota", cuando preguntó los motivos del cuestionamiento, y tras lo que el susodicho se alejó dejándolo con la palabra en la boca.

Momentos antes de preguntar por el origen de los posibles clientes, el empleado reconoció que había dos habitaciones disponibles en el hotel, sin embargo, éstas fueron negadas al saber que eran mexicanos.

TIJUANA BC 12 SEPTEMBER 2011 (AFN) .- Carlos Valdez Ramos, a Tijuana tourist, complained that he was the victim of discrimination by the manager of a hotel called "Alfonsina's," located at San Luis Gonzaga Bay in the municipality of Ensenada, when he went there with his family to spend the weekend.

According to the version by Valdez Ramos, on September 3 he went with 16 other people, family and friends, to resort to spend the weekend. Upon arriving he went to the manager to rent some rooms, to which the employee responded: "are you all Mexicans"?

"I need to know if they are Mexicans because they waste a lot of water, do not eat in the restaurant and leave a big mess," said the manager in a manner that Valdez Ramos likened to a "despot," when he asked why he was being questioned. And then the manager just walked away leaving him with the words still in his mouth.

Moments before asking for the nationality of the potential customers, the employee acknowledged that there were two rooms in the hotel, however, upon learning they were Mexicans he denied having any rooms.

Link to article in Spanish.

[Image: discriminanamexicanosss.jpg&tip=1&w=570]
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Is it illegal to refuse service in Mexico?
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
(09-12-2011, 10:22 PM)Woooosh Wrote: Is it illegal to refuse service in Mexico?

"Legal" is such a vague term in Mexico.Cool I think even in the US a hotel operator can exclude unsavory characters.

Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Antonio usually says they have no rooms at Alfonsina's but if you go in the restaurant and have a beer he'll end up giving you a room. It's a game that he has played for years. I have been there when it was mainly mexican families and they cram eight or more in a room and cook their own food instead of eating in the restaurant. I can't blame him for not wanting them there. On another note, the last two times I stayed there earlier this year the place was filthy and had no soap or toilet paper in the rooms. It has always been kind of run down but it used to be somewhat clean. I'm done with that shithole.
(09-12-2011, 10:39 PM)Fulano Wrote:
(09-12-2011, 10:22 PM)Woooosh Wrote: Is it illegal to refuse service in Mexico?

"Legal" is such a vague term in Mexico.Cool I think even in the US a hotel operator can exclude unsavory characters.
Yeah I know. Nothing is considered legal or illegal, just a sliding gray-scale. I think the Mexicans in this scenario just didn't like being called out as "dead-beat" guests and the owner would rather rent his rooms to people he will profit from. "2011- El ano de Turismo en Meixco" unless you are a Mexican. In the USA every bar, restaurant or hotel can turn away anyone they want to, but most prefer to take the money.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
(09-12-2011, 10:53 PM)mtgoat666 Wrote: Antonio usually says they have no rooms at Alfonsina's but if you go in the restaurant and have a beer he'll end up giving you a room. It's a game that he has played for years. I have been there when it was mainly mexican families and they cram eight or more in a room and cook their own food instead of eating in the restaurant. I can't blame him for not wanting them there. On another note, the last two times I stayed there earlier this year the place was filthy and had no soap or toilet paper in the rooms. It has always been kind of run down but it used to be somewhat clean. I'm done with that shithole.

Goat is right, that is Antonio's standard MO. But, he wants to rent rooms, that is how he makes money. The guy must have been rude and a low life. No soup for you. Bye. He doesn't want the rooms trashed. 16 People in two rooms what would you do if it was your place? He may of had other reservations, who knows. Since Alfy died things have changed there, but is still a one of a kind place. He is probably dreading the day the road gets finished because every low life from TJ is going to be rolling in there at all hours of the day and night expecting to be waited on hand and foot. Then, they think if they pay the price of the room they get to take the towels, sheets, and furniture home with them also.

I have been subjected to that MO myself once or twice. But I usually am traveling with wife, kids, etc., and I guess that gives me some kind of pass with him. It's usually only a few minutes after being told he has to check that a room appears magically.

Never been subjected to the more extreme treatment I have so often read about on another board. Hmmmmm. Wonder why that is? Angel
Roberto, you must just be living right. I expect most Mexicans look twice at Mexican travelers as per rentals and the like. You just have to look at the beaches etc after Easter to get a grasp on how they treat all what they touch.
A (REALLY) LITTLE tiny LEBANESE PRICK PRETENDING HE IS A MEXICAN SPIC...Thats our Jihad e Salman shrimp Dodgy
Yes, seen it many times. It's the same in Italy, where I'm from, litter everywhere after Sunday picnics, all trash right out the car window, etc. It's something my father, who was from here could never get used to, as much as he loved Itally. The crap on Mexican beaches after semana Santa is something else.

My comment was more directed at those folks who carry an attitude and then wonder why "rooms are not available". Nomads, not to put too fine a point on it.

Based on some of your comments on some people you have met from the nomads board, I'm thinking I might have met you sometime. Is that right?
Yes, HAHA. Your not talking about me though are you. Saludos

I think I know Mr. Fist also.