Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenni Rivera aboard plane missing in Mexico
[Image: 73634304.jpg]

A small plane carrying Mexican American singer Jenni Rivera is missing and believed to have crashed in northern Mexico early Sunday.

The Associated Press reported the plane, a Learjet, left Monterrey about 3:30 a.m. after a concert by Rivera. The pilot lost contact with air traffic contollers about 10 minutes after its departure. It was scheduled to arrive in Toluca, near Mexico City, about an hour later.

An NBCUniversal spokeswoman confirmed that Rivera was aboard the plane. Seven people, including the pilots and crew, were believed to be on the plane.

The Long Beach native's career has been soaring. The 43-year-old singer is best known for her interpretations of regional Mexican music, norteno and banda. She also is one of NBCUniversal's brightest bilingual television stars.

Her reality show on the Telemundo cable channel, mun2, "I Love Jenni," has been one of the channel's highest rated shows. The program is in its second year.

ABC television network was reportedly considering casting Rivera as a star of a prime-time sitcom in development about a strong-willed single Latina mother.

The AP said that a search for the plane was launched early Sunday.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/env...6337.story
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/notas/888947.html

The Mexican journal El Universal is reporting that the crashed LearJet Jenni Rivera was on was found. No reports yet of the passengers. It was found near the municipality of Iturbide in Nuevo León. A man looking for his farm animals in Ejido de El Tejocote found the plane.

This is not yet on the English language news.
Fallece Jenni Rivera; no hay sobrevivientes a avionazo

Jenni Rivera is dead. No survivors of the place crash.

http://www.vanguardia.com.mx/fallecejenn...36700.html
Very sad. Has Fulano put together his meteorological post mortem to rule out weather as a factor?
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
(12-09-2012, 07:11 PM)Woooosh Wrote: Very sad. Has Fulano put together his meteorological post mortem to rule out weather as a factor?

Not yet, but the Mexican papers are reporting the Lear Jet was rented from a Las Vegas company owned by a Mexican with a long history of "problems." They had one of their planes seized by the DEA for smuggling, filed bankruptcy a couple of years ago, and chartered the plane that was supposed to smuggle Muramar Qaddafi's relatives into Mexico
[Image: 2012_12_10-9b503259-c117-49-Horizontal_N1H.jpg]

MÉXICO, D.F., 9 de Diciembre.- Autoridades periciales y forenses de la Procuraduría General de Justicia del Estado de Nuevo León lograron recuperar dos identificaciones de los siete tripulantes de la aeronave Lear Jet con matrícula N345MC, propiedad de la empresa Starwood Management, en la que murió la madrugada de este domingo la “Diva de la Banda”, Jenni Rivera.

Link to article in Spanish.

MÉXICO, D.F., December 9, 2012 - Investigative and forensic authorities from the Nuevo León State Attorney General managed to recover the identifications of the seven people in the Lear Jet, N345MC, owned by Starwood Management, in which the "Diva de la Banda," Jenni Rivera died.
That is very sad. I dislike flying. I know it is generally more safe than travel by car, but I still don't like it.
(12-10-2012, 10:14 AM)mormongirl Wrote: That is very sad. I dislike flying. I know it is generally more safe than travel by car, but I still don't like it.

Flying in those small 30 year old jets isn't fun, comfortable or safe.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
Did you see the twitter picture that someone on the plane posted just before take off? They were sticking there tongue out like they were all that and a bag of chips.

now they are dip for chips.