Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
El Mano Negra arrested in Mexico City
Here's another story on Muñoz. It basically repeats the same general story as above with a new twist. Muñoz is saying because he reported all the connections of Baja State Sur officials with organized crime, and now is being punished by them by being arrested, he is demanding to be put into the new Witness Protection Program Mexico just started.

Link to article in Spanish.
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Now that makes sense ...
Suicide Hot line, Pete here, please hold
(06-11-2012, 08:37 PM)Fulano Wrote: Here's another story on Muñoz. It basically repeats the same general story as above with a new twist. Muñoz is saying because he reported all the connections of Baja State Sur officials with organized crime, and now is being punished by them by being arrested, he is demanding to be put into the new Witness Protection Program Mexico just started.

Link to article in Spanish.

So he'll change glove colors? There's a presidential election next month... who knows what has and what will happen? El Chapo and the CAF and close now and Rafael's friends are top-shelf CAF.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
WOW ... maybe a cabinet post ... say.. SECRETARY OF SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT ... LOL
Suicide Hot line, Pete here, please hold
The crime Muñoz is charged with, El Artículo 314 del Código Penal del Estado, stipulates a prison term of 5 to 9 years.
Well, the guy certainly called a lot of people out on what he felt was wrong in Mexico. This was especially the case with his expressed views on real estate and all the land title legal problems.

While I do not have any idea of what the situation is regarding his problems with the hotel, and, I recall Fu posting somewhere that the documentation Ramuna provided as proof of his ownership of the hotel was phoney, the guy really had an interesting view and opinion about some of the problems of trying to "own" any property in Baja.

I think Rumana is really one of the only people that I have seen (at least recently) that was very publicly exposing what he referred to as the "National Land Title" problem. It does not surprise me that he is now in jail on some very serious charges. Rumana stepped on a lot of toes and a majority of the toes he stepped on had major interests in real estate in Baja.

It will be interesting to watch this matter as it progresses. I have a feeling it is going to progress very slowly. The slow process will serve all the people that have a vested interest in selling high priced real estate in Baja.

As Mexico turns...
No one can even figure out who owns the coast of downtown Rosarito Beach. Seriously. Raphael has the map and the SRA payment receipt, but has never been able to get the Land title issued- no one has one, including Hugo Torres who just built is Hotel and hoped for one. Raphael has been able to force Hugo Torres to rent from him, but can't get to the next step to claim true ownership. This has gone on for almost 20 years and because of this land battle- no one has been able to develop the area for tourism (e.g. install a tourist-centric boardwalk). Rosarito wonders where all the tourists are, but there is really nothing to attract them to the downtown area. The only reason the Malecon project is starting near me is Torres and Raphael can't make the deal to allow for development downtown. Torres is supported by the Gulf Cartel (El Chapo), Raphael and the Corona's are CAF. Now that El Chapo and the CAF are friends- we should see some interesting shit once the election is over and the dust settles. Raphael does indeed have his powerful supporters because he is fundamentally correct that land title issues are the biggest obstacle to economic growth for Baja and the $30Million lost by US investors at Trump Baja is the poster child. The Playa Buenaventure thing started long before Raphael took the role of investor-advocate on Nomads. I wouldn't count him out by a long shot. They gave Raphael's buddy Hank Rhon a few involuntary plane rides and some time in jail recently and he came out stronger than he went in.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
(06-12-2012, 10:52 AM)Woooosh Wrote: No one can even figure out who owns the coast of downtown Rosarito Beach. Seriously. Raphael has the map and the SRA payment receipt, but has never been able to get the Land title issued- no one has one, including Hugo Torres who just built is Hotel and hoped for one. Raphael has been able to force Hugo Torres to rent from him, but can't get to the next step to claim true ownership. This has gone on for almost 20 years and because of this land battle- no one has been able to develop the area for tourism (e.g. install a tourist-centric boardwalk). Rosarito wonders where all the tourists are, but there is really nothing to attract them to the downtown area. The only reason the Malecon project is starting near me is Torres and Raphael can't make the deal to allow for development downtown. Torres is supported by the Gulf Cartel (El Chapo), Raphael and the Corona's are CAF. Now that El Chapo and the CAF are friends- we should see some interesting shit once the election is over and the dust settles. Raphael does indeed have his powerful supporters because he is fundamentally correct that land title issues are the biggest obstacle to economic growth for Baja and the $30Million lost by US investors at Trump Baja is the poster child. The Playa Buenaventure thing started long before Raphael took the role of investor-advocate on Nomads. I wouldn't count him out by a long shot. They gave Raphael's buddy Hank Rhon a few involuntary plane rides and some time in jail recently and he came out stronger than he went in.

I assume the only exception to this is the DRUG TOURISTS?? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
The customary perp walk:

[Image: 6-llego-el-mano-negra-001.jpg]

[Image: 6-llego-el-mano-negra-002.jpg]

[Image: 6-llego-el-mano-negra-003.jpg]

They put Muñoz in the same prison in Santa Rosalia as where his employees are incarcerated. That should be interesting.
see? He has a white glove on now. The witness protection program. No handcuffs for transport in the terminal? Why is he being transported through a public airport terminal? This is just a dog and pony show.