Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring Breakers a dud in Rosarito
(04-16-2014, 07:21 PM)Woooosh Wrote:
(04-16-2014, 06:18 PM)tlalocs Wrote: Out of everyone I've known of who's been in Mexico, I really feel for you Woooosh. If I had invested so much into Mexico, I would not have handled it as well as you. I hope you get a fair shake on your sell.

Don't worry Tlalocs, we're just fine. Better than fine actually. We were young enough with the financial resources to switch gears and spend time back in the USA too. "Never invest more in Baja than you are willing to walk away from". I do feel for the expats who are "stuck" and for the Mexican people who have become culturally apathetic to Mexico making progress in their lifetimes- especially when things are still trending downward. There is always someone who wants an award winning house and it's highly unlikely we would lose money when we sell; we will probably get a much better return than the stock market. So it's all good, but thanks for the empathy. I do like building, enjoying and ultimately selling interesting houses. Living in Mexico was quite educational and I understand why Mexicans risk their lives to get out of Mexico and why the ones already in the USA make little effort to go back home to improve it.

That's great to hear. Did your last return feel like a new phase for you and your family? Do you plan building again NOB?

No matter how much contempt I have for the cultural corruption here, and even the bajanomad.com members who play their part in perpetuating it, I still lean towards the side of empathy. When all is said and done, their actions don't account for the cost of what they themselves and those around them will ultimately lose.
“How, unless you drink as I do, could you hope to understand the beauty of an old Indian woman playing dominoes with a chicken?” -- Malcolm Lowry, Under the Volcano