Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayor of Ensenada asks for Scenic Highway to be repaired
Anyone know which months gets the highest rain fall for the "area" ... just thinking
Suicide Hot line, Pete here, please hold
Wow. What a drop! I drove that section just a few months ago too. Looks like making the Wine Region a residential area may be stepped up. Was that ALL sand? That cement truck on the far side in the video may have caused an avalanche effect. All sand?

No one believes it in Mexico. I tried. Today is Mexico's april fool's day.
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
Google Earth image of the landslide area. The Free Road is due east of this location, approximately 1.1 miles.

[Image: 9sw1t5.png]
Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
Are ya sure on the east/west thingy ... Big GrinBig Grin
If they go west it will have to be an underwater tunnel. It is good most of the locals don't want to pay tolls and use the free road, it could have been a lot worse.
We have met the enemy and he is us. -  Pogo

Más vale pocos pelos, pero bien peinados.
money for drones, but not much else...
BajaNoMas= News, Facts, Stats, Videos, Pics and Links- because presenting the truth to the public is not a negative campaign "Decir la verdad no es ninguna campaña negra".
Sorry, had heard one could take 2000, west from Rosarito .. Big GrinBig Grin
(12-29-2013, 12:22 PM)wessongroup Wrote: Sorry, had heard one could take 2000, west from Rosarito .. Big GrinBig Grin

It must have been Gypsy Jan or Maggie.

Driving the cuota was always interesting. The area of the fault was the highlight of the trip taking notice of all the new patches.
Another favorite highlight was all the skidmarks of cars and trucks going into a deep ditch (shoulders are hard to find in Mexico) or off the fucking cliff.
One time where a guardrail that blocked a 200' cliff was taken out, by some pinche borracho, there were orange safety cones in it's place for a month or two.
I don't know if they were as effective as the missing guardrail.

I never took the free road so that is going to change when and if I go back to Mexico.
jerkoff
We have met the enemy and he is us. -  Pogo
Is it important who said it ...

Quote:Originally posted by bajaguy
Telumana was looking for options, I gave him/her a couple. ....and I don't think you can drive Corridor 2000 WEST from Rosarito.

Quote:If you head west on Corridor 2000 from Rosarito to Tecate, that is a 25 minute drive then another hour south minimum drive to Ensenada from Tecate. Seems you might just want to bite the bullet and take the free road down and save yourself some time heading directly south from La Mision to Ensenada.

Just found it humorous ... I've told ya I'm a weak person Big GrinBig Grin

Everyone makes mistakes ... know I've made some really "great ones" in my life ... as a matter of fact I'm probably making one now ... LOL

Giving wrong directions used to be a pastime for many of my friends ... when growing up

Where's Long Beach, ya know where the Santa Ana Freeway is ... LOL