Translated by Fulano from an article in BCS Noticias.
La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS ). This Wednesday, January 31, 2018, around 5 victims, all minors, appeared before the State Attorney General’s Office in La Paz, 3 years after first filing complaints for sexual abuse against an alleged Christian pastor, because there has been no progress on the case.
The president of the association “70 Million Friends of the Family, Javier Pantoja González, was in charge of accompanying the victims to the PGJE facilities in order to demand that the case not remain unpunished.
Pantoja said that the crimes occurred about 3 years ago, in a Todos Santos home managed by Joel “N”, who was accused of having raped three minors.
It is worth mentioning that one of the cases was reported on December 6, 2014, and a doctor was able to confirm the rape of a child under 11 years of age. In 2016, there were also reports filed of the sexual abuse of four children in the same home.
Meanwhile, he said that among the existing evidence there is a collective complaint, made up of eight residents of Todos Santos, where they accused Joel “N” as responsible for sexual abuse in the home.
The children who attended gave their testimony, and said that they received threats from the Christian pastor to prevent them from continuing with their complaints against him.
“This man raped me, I was 10 years old,” said one of them, while another minor said she was abused at the age of 13. “They sedated me when they gave me tea, I did not know what it was, and before falling asleep I felt a penetration, which was when I realized that I had been raped […] I did not want to do it or say it because I was afraid of what was going to happen,” she said.