MEXICO CITY – In Toluca, federal police broke up an international human trafficking network used for sexual exploitation. During the operation, 24 foreign women were rescued. Due to intelligence work over three months, the Gendarmes went to a motel in Toluca and two people were arrested.
As a part of the operation, in coordination withe the Special Prosecutor for Human Trafficking in Mexico state, an investigation was started for the presumed sexual exploitation of woman from South American, which had an operating center in the Gran Via Motel.
The women rescued were between 21 and 39 years old. 14 were from Colombia and 10 from Venezuela. The women were enticed to come from their countries with promises of a better job and entered Mexico with a tourist visa. Once in Mexico, their passport was taken away and they were forced into prostitution under the threat of hurting their family members.
The women were forced to live in the same establishment and forced to pay a fee and have at least five customers per day. If they did not meet the quota, they were beaten.
Hitmen working for El Turbo arrested after a battle with police and soldiers. Rosarito municipal police and Mexican army soldiers arrested seven men who were traveling in a convoy after a pursuit and gunfight.
The men are Erick Chávez Tarazón, Luis Antonio Carillo Angulo, Jaime Martínez Soltero, Edmundo Zaragoza and Héctor Carillo, as well as two more men linked to Leonardo Peña Peralta, “El Turbo,” an operator for brothers René and Alfonso García, also called “La Rana”and “El Aquiles.”
The events occurred around 2AM on Friday, November 24, when Rosarito municipal police on patrol in colonia Mazatlán saw two cars traveling at high speed, apparently in a convoy. They were a pick-up and a sedan.
Both vehicles had several men inside, and according to the report, the police tried to pull them over, but instead of stopping, the pick-up accelerated and started a pursuit.
Translated by Fulano from an article in Uniradioinforma.com
ENSENADA – The State Attorney General carried out an arrest warrant and filed charges against a man for rape and violent robbery against a French woman who was on vacation in the southern part of Ensenada, Baja California.
The investigation established that last November 13, Geovanny “N,” 30 years old forced the 28-year old woman to have sex when he threatened her with a knife and then stole her belongings.
In her complaint, the victim said she had been in colonia Lázaro Cárdenas, in San Quintín.
On November 13, at noon, she went to the bus station and bought a ticket to El Rosario. While she was waiting outside the bus station, she met the attacker, who asked her if she wanted to visit the area calle La Lobrera and he offered to take her there in his vehicle and to show her other beaches.
During the drive, the attacker supposedly consumed cristal meth, then suddenly changed direction to a beach called Valle Tranquilo.
It was there that he raped her and threatened her with a knife, took her handbag, where she had credit cards, money and a passport.
The victim walked to the highway where she was helped by a citizen, who took her to t he federal police station, and after that to the Public Minister is San Quintín.
Translated by Fulano from an article in Ecos de Rosarito
The organized hotel sector expressed its concern over the prolonged fall in hotel occupancy, which has continued since the drop-off last August, when compared to the same period in 2016.
“Although we made an effort to invite tourists to come to Rosarito, they know the situation and know that to get to Rosarito, they have to enter via Tijuana. They need to combat the crime problem,” said the hotel operators.
The hopes for a recovery last weekend for Veterans Day in the USA, fell when there were drops of 40% in hotel room reservations.
In spite of it now being the low season, the figures for 2017 are way down from 2016, for the same period.
Analysts confirmed that it was not the work going on at the San Ysidro border crossing which caused the fall in tourism, but the serious crime problem which is shaking Baja California, mainly in Tijuana.
As has now been announced by the Mexican Association of Real Estate Professional, the real estate sector has also suffered the ravages of crime, with a drastic fall in tourist property sales along the Baja California coast.
The crime has reaches such alarming levels, that it has caused an American real estate developer from California to place his properties for sale to leave Rosarito for good, finding there are no safety guarantees for its customers nor its properties.
The situation has has unleashed a great worry in the tourist sector with the imminent threat of a new crisis.
“We continued with a decline since the last week in August, when the information on crime in Baja California was reported in Southern California, mainly about Tijuana.”
In San Felipe, Sunshine shines. He is feared or revered. The street says he is not a fisherman, he is a real estate businessman, and that his leadership arose naturally. When he is asked about the totoaba, he points elsewhere.
“The Chinese come, they hire people. They come with people, and you know what? Some little guy says to buy him totoaba bladders, here is 100,000 dollars, buy all you can,” says Sunshine.
For the environmentalists, Sunshine is the leader, the leader of the mafia, the totoaba bladder mafia.
Sunshine knows that the authorities have him in their sights, but not as a leader, but as the visible face of totoaba bladder trafficking organization, which is presumable headed by this man, Oscar Parra. He is no fishermen, nor are his friends.
According to government intelligence sources consulted by Despierta, Oscar Parra Aispuro, alias “El Patrón,” “Tekle” or “Tekolin,” is the leader of the criminal organization which trafficks in the totoaba bladder in San Felipe, Baja California.
His brother, Gastón Eduardo Parra Aispuro, was arrested last October 12 in an operation with federal Gendarmes and the Navy. They seized money, bullets, drugs and 17 totoaba bladders.
Translated by Fulano from an article in Diario.mx.
Mexico City – Unimpaired by the lack of strict health controls, unscrupulous butchers and merchants in five Mexican states are supplying Mexican’s dinner tables with horse meat and saying it is beef.
This is one of the conclusions issued in a study sponsored by the non-governmental organization the International Humane Society, which identified cases of sales of horse meat as if it was beeg in butcher shops, markets, flea markets and street venders.
The investigation was headed up by María Salud Rubio and Juan Francisco Hernández, experts from the Veterinarian School at the UNAM, and is based upon the analysis of 433 samples of raw and cooked meat sold in tacos, gorditas, burritos and as breaded filets of beef.
The samples examined were collected from 157 businesses in Aguascalientes, Zacatecas, Chihuahua, Mexico City, Pachuca and San Vicente Chicoloapan.
According to the laboratory results, 10% of the samples examined tested positive as horse meat.
Ground meat is the food most likely to be disguised, with some 42% of the samples testing positive for horse meat.
The testing also detected the presence of clenbuterol, which is prohibited in food. Some 65% of the samples which turned out to be horse meat were contaminated with this chemical substance.
Mexico is the second largest producer of horse meat in the world, after China. The industry in Mexico has grown since the closing of horse slaughterhouses in the United States in 2007.
The European Union, a large consumer of horse meat, mainly in sausages, vetoed the importation of horse meat from Mexico in 2015 when it failed to comply with health requirements, safety and food safety standards.
Translated by Fulano from an article in Ecos de Rosarito.
Just like all the other productive sectors of Rosarito society, doctors have not been safe from the havoc of crime.
For the president of the Rosarito Medical College, Héctor Veláquez Suárez, the crime is perhaps the main problem affecting the medical field.
“Clearly we are affected, because we spend time closed up in our medical offices, not knowing who will enter or what will happen to us. Some have restricted home visits. We no longer go out at night for medical consultations. We send everybody to the hospitals, because now we have to live with the rsik of being kidnapped, an extortion or a robbery.”
Two of our companions were crime victims in their own medical offices, where they were locked up in the bathroom, tied up and robbed. Fortunately, they were not hurt, but they were robbed of computers and personal objects. A doctor was kidnapped from a hospital, he was extorted into leaving and he was held captive for eight hours in a hotel until he was freed.
“Personally I have received extortion phone calls. The truth is we are very vulnerable, because our work is to serve the community, we are healthcare providers, but we need help from the authorities,” said the medical college leader in an interview during a dinner dance for Doctors’ Day, last Saturday October 21, 2017.